The ESP-12S is a WiFi module based on ESP8266, with built-in 32Mbit Flash, in the small SMD16 package. There're also onboard PCB antenna and metal shield. In short, it's a small form factor and fairly high cost effective WiFi module.
With the pre-flashed AT firmware, you can control the module through UART AT commands easily. The module integrates MCU inside, supports other developments like Lua/Micropython/Arduino to achieve flexible and fast prototyping, make it easy to integrate the module into IoT applications.
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi SOC
- Integrated Tensilica L106 ultra-low-power 32-bit micro MCU, run at 80 MHz and 160 MHz frequency, supports RTOS
- Built-in 1-ch 10 bit high precision ADC
- Supports UART/GPIO/ADC/PWM/I2C
- SMD16 package
- Integrated Wi-Fi MAC/ BB/RF/PA/LNA
- Supports multi sleep modes, deep sleep current as low as 20uA
- UART baudrate up to 4Mbps
- Embedded Lwip protocol stack
- Supports STA/AP/STA+AP operation mode
- Supports Smart Config (APP) / AirKiss (WeChat), one key networking
- Supports UART local firmware upgrade and/or remote firmware upgrade (FOTA)
- AT commands for getting started fast
- Supports secondary development, integrated Windows / Linux environment