The Sabertooth Dual 12A Motor Driver is one of the most versatile, efficient and easy to use dual motor drivers on the market. It is suitable for medium powered robots – up to 30lbs in combat or 100lbs for general purpose robotics.
The Sabertooth Dual 12A 6V-24V R/C Regenerative Motor Driver replaces the Dimension Engineering’s Sabertooth 2X10 R/C. It is a dual motor driver specifically optimized for use in radio controlled vehicles. It is suitable for medium powered robots, cars, and boats. Out of the box, it can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 12A each. Peak currents of 25A are achievable for a few seconds. Overcurrent and thermal protection mean you’ll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up the too big motor.
Out of the box, the Sabertooth can supply two DC brushed motors with up to 12A each. Peak currents of 25A are achievable for a few seconds. Overcurrent and thermal protection, it means you’ll never have to worry about killing the driver with accidental stalls or by hooking up too big a motor. Sabertooth allows you to control two motors with analog voltage, radio control, serial and packetized serial. You can build many different robots of increasing complexity for years to come with a Sabertooth. Sabertooth has independent and speed+direction operating modes, making it the ideal driver for differential drive (tank style) robots and more.
The operating mode is set with the onboard DIP switches so there are no jumpers to lose. Sabertooth features screw terminal connectors – making it possible for you to build a robot without even soldering.
Sabertooth is the first synchronous regenerative motor driver in its class. The regenerative topology means that your batteries get recharged whenever you command your robot to slow down or reverse. Sabertooth also allows you to make very fast stops and reverses – giving your robot a quick and nimble edge.
Use of our motor drivers with cheap AC adapters is not recommended. Use a battery or at least put a battery in parallel with a DC supply.
- Combat robots up to 30lb
- Normal and hobby robots up to 100lb
- Differential drive robots
- Electric vehicles, ride-on toys, scooters
- Easy speed/direction control for pumps
- Conveyors, automation and any application that uses two brushed DC motors
- 12A continuous, 25A peak per channel Up to 24V in
- Synchronous regenerative drive
- Ultra-sonic switching frequency
- Thermal and overcurrent protection
- Lithium protection mode
- Input modes: Analog, R/C, simplified serial, packetized serial
1 x Sabertooth Dual 12A Motor Driver
1 x Mounting Nut Bolt Set and Quick Start Guide Manual
- Arduino Libraries
- .NET (C#, VB) Library
- DEScribe PC Software
- Using a SyRen/Sabertooth with an ATX (or similar) DC power supply
- Packetized mode with a PIC and Sabertooth
- Using Sabertooth with Roborealm