The PS2 Controller Starter Kit is relatively easy to obtain from any game store and it offers good human manual input for the control system. More and more developers are looking into applying existing PS2 controller to control particular system. The major problem to achieve this is the socket for PS2 and the protocol to communicate with it.
The PS2 socket is very unique and difficult to obtain. Besides, a protocol to obtain the status (digital and analog) of each button and analog stick on the PS2 controller create a headache for the developer. Thus, Cytron Technologies has designed a PS2 Controller Starter Kit, SKPS to offer the solution.
This starter kit offers a compact yet reliable PS2 Controller Converter for the user.
SKS’s power and UART pin are compatible with SKKCA and SKXBee. A host is needed to communicate with SKPS through UART. Reading Joy-stick button’s state will be as easy as 1, 2, 3. It offers a standard connector for Sony PS2 controller plug-in.
Now, you can control anything with PS2 Controller, come and have fun with it.
Note: SKPS does not come with a PS2 controller (joystick).
If you are interested in buying the PS2 Controller Remote, then click on the name below
PlayStation 2 DualShock 2 Controller Remote
- Stable 5V powered, low current consumption, less than 150mA.
- 1 standard PS2 controller socket.
- Communicate with host microcontroller through 5V TTL UART.
- Simple inquiry command and button status feedback for the host process.
- Vibrator motor is controllable.
- Wired or wireless PS2 controller is fully compatible.
- PS2 Controller will only operate in analog mode.
- A small LED as the indicator for communication between SKPS and PS2 controller.
1 x PS2 Controller Starter Kit
- Tutorial for Interfacing with SKPS
- Driving two DC geared motors with MD10C by using SKPS