The Explorer HAT is a terrific prototyping side-kick for your Raspberry Pi 2, B+, or A+!
On the Explorer from Pimoroni there are a heap of useful input and output options that will take your projects to the next level. Great for driving motors, using analog sensors, interfacing with 5V systems, and touch interfaces!
- 4x buffered 5V tolerant inputs
- Hook up your Pi to accept input from 5V systems (like Arduino Uno/Leonardo or 5V Trinkets). We've used a 5-channel buffer that will accept anything from 2V-5V as logic high.
- 4x powered 5v outputs (up to 500mA!)
- 4x capacitive touch pads + 4x capacitive alligator clip pads
- Four along the front edge for touch input (labelled 1, 2, 3, 4) and four up the side for attaching alligator clips to objects (such as fruit, or tin foil) for experimentation!
- 4x colored LEDs
- Independently controllable LEDs (red, green, blue, and yellow) that make great status indicators.
- 1x mini breadboard on top