In order to meet the increasing need of Raspberry Pi compatible camera modules. The ArduCAM team now released a revision D add-on camera module which is fully compatible with official Raspberry Pi board. It optimizes the optical performance than the previous Pi cameras, and give user a much clear and sharp image. Also it provides the FREX and STROBE signals which can be used for multi-camera synchronize capture with proper camera driver firmware.
It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the two small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSI interface, which was designed especially for interfacing to cameras. The CSI bus is capable of extremely high data rates, and it exclusively carries pixel data. The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi’s preferred operating system.
The board itself is tiny, at around 36mm x 36mm. The highlight of our module is that the Lens is replaceable compared to official one, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and image quality are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable. The camera is connected to the BCM2835/BCM2836 processor on the Pi via the CSI bus, a higher bandwidth link which carries pixel data from the camera back to the processor. This bus travels along the ribbon cable that attaches the camera board to the Pi. The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
- High-Definition video camera for Raspberry Pi Model A/B/B+ and Raspberry Pi 2
- Omnivision OV5647 sensor in a fixed-focus module with replaceable Lens
- Lens holder: CS mount
- 5MPixel sensor
- Integral IR filter
- Still picture resolution: 2592 x 1944
- Max video resolution: 1080p
- Max frame rate: 30fps
- Support FREX/ STROBE feature
- Size: 36 x 36 mm
- 15 cm flat ribbon cable to 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI) connector
- Visit www.ArduCAM.com for more wide angle fish eye lenses and get technical support.
- The Camera Lens for Raspberry Pi Camera Board is LS-2718CS
- The LS-2718 CS Lens Specification:
1pcs Camera Board /w CS mount Lens(LS-2718CS) fully compatible with official Raspberry Pi Camera board
1pcs 15cm 15pin FPC cable
NOTE: Raspberry Pi NOT INCLUDED