The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad is an easy-to-use flash programmer and debugging tool for the MSP430G2xx Value Line microcontrollers. It features everything you need to start developing on an MSP430 microcontroller device for under INR 400. It has on-board emulation for programming and debugging and features a 14/20-pin DIP socket, on-board buttons and LEDs & BoosterPack-compatible pinouts that support a wide range of plug-in modules for added functionality such as wireless, displays & more.
The MSP-EXP430G2 LaunchPad also comes with 2 MSP430 device, with up to 16kB Flash, 512B RAM, 16MHz CPU speed and integrated peripherals such as 8ch 10-bit ADC, timers, serial communication (UART, I2C & SPI) & more!
Free software development tools are also available, such as TI’s Eclipse-based Code Composer Studio, IAR Embedded Workbench. Open Source development is also available thanks to community-driven projects such as the MSPGCC compiler or Energia, a branch of the popular Wiring framework.
Find more info about LaunchPad, the supported BoosterPacks & available resources at our LaunchPad portal page! Also be sure to visit our LaunchPad wiki.
More info here as well: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSP430
- The LaunchPad development board features:
o 14-/20-pin DIP (N) socket
o Built-in flash emulation for debugging and programming
o 2 programmable LEDs
o 1 power LED
o 1 programmable button
o 1 reset button
- Enables development on any MSP430 Value Line device with 14- or 20-pin DIP (N) packages.
- The LaunchPad's integrated emulator interface connects flash-based MSP430 Value Line devices to a PC for real-time, in-system programming and debugging via USB.
- Includes one mini USB cable to interface with a PC.
- Included MSP430G2xx device features:
- MSP430G2553IN20 – 16kB Flash, 512B RAM, interruptible GPIOs (capacitive sense-capable), 16-bit timers, 8ch 10-bit ADC, Comparator, Serial Communication (USCI – I2C, SPI & UART) & more
- MSP430G2452IN20 – 8kB Flash, 256B RAM, interruptible GPIOs (capacitive sense-capable), 16-bit timers, 8ch 10-bit ADC, Comparator, Serial Communication (USI – I2C & SPI) & more
- Included MSP430G2xx devices feature preloaded sample programs.
- Free downloadable versions of IAR Kickstart and Code Composer Studio Version 5 integrated development environments are available and include an assembler, linker, simulator, source-level debugger, and C-compiler. These free IDEs are unrestricted on MSP430 Value Line devices.
- RoHS compliant
- MSP430G2553IN20 flash device (preloaded with sample program)
- MSP430G2452IN20 flash device (preloaded with sample program)
- 10-pin PCB Connector (2 male/2 female)
- 32kHz crystal
- LaunchPad Development board (MSP-EXP430G2)
- LaunchPad sticker
- Mini USB cable
- QuickStart Guide