This breakout board for the MPS MP6500 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver is Pololu’s latest stepper motor driver.The MP6500 offers up to 1/8-step microstepping, operates from 4.5 V to 35 V, and can deliver up to approximately 1.5 A per phase continuously without a heat sink or forced air flow (up to 2.5 A peak).This version of the board uses an on-board trimmer potentiometer for setting the current limit.
- Simple step and direction control interface.
- Four different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, 1/4-step,and 1/8-step.
- 4.5 V to 35 V supply voltage range.
- Can deliver 1.5 A per phase continuously without additional cooling.
- Built-in regulator .
- Adjustable current control lets you set the maximum current output.
- Can interface directly with 3.3 V and 5 V systems.
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, over-current shutdown, short circuit protection, and under-voltage lockout.
- Minimum operating voltage:4.5V
- Maximum operating voltage:35V
- Continuous current per phase:1.5A
- Maximum current per phase:2.5A
- Minimum logic voltage:2.1V
- Maximum logic voltage:6V
- Microstep resolutions:full,1/2, 1/4,and 1/8
- Current limit control:Potentiometer.