LM3915 - Dot/Bar Display Driver
The LM3915 is a monolithic integrated circuit that senses analog voltage levels and drives ten LEDs, LCDs or vacuum fluorescent displays, providing a logarithmic 3 dB/step analog display. One pin changes the display from a bar graph to a moving dot display. LED current drive is regulated and programmable, eliminating the need for current limiting resistors. The whole display system can operate from a single supply as low as 3V or as high as 25V.
The IC contains an adjustable voltage reference and an accurate ten-step voltage divider. The high-impedance input buffer accepts signals down to ground and up to within 1.5V of the positive supply. Further, it needs no protection against inputs of ±35V. The input buffer drives 10 individual comparators referenced to the precision divider. Accuracy is typically better than 1 dB.
- Provides a Logarithmic 3dB Analog Display from Analog Voltage Input
- Drives LED's, LCD's or Vacuum Flourescents
- Bar or Dot Display Mode
- Expandable to 100 Steps
- Internal Voltage Reference from 1.2V to 12V
- Operates with single supply of 3V to 25V
- Inputs operate down to ground
- Output current programmable from 1 mA to 30 mA
- Input withstands ±35V without damage or false outputs
- Outputs are current regulated, open collectors
- Directly drives TTL or CMOS
- The internal 10-step divider is floating and can be referenced to a wide range of voltages
*Image shown is a representation only.