- Inputs and outputs on opposite sides of package allowing easy interface with microprocessors.
- Useful as input or output port for microprocessors/microcomputers.
- 3-state non-inverting outputs for bus oriented applications.
- Common 3-state output enable input
- Output capability: bus driver
- ICC category: MSI
The 74HC/HCT573 are high-speed Si-gate CMOS devices and are pin compatible with low power Schottky TTL (LSTTL). They are specified in compliance with JEDEC standard no. 7A. The 74HC/HCT573 are octal D-type transparent latches featuring separate D-type inputs for each latch and 3-state outputs for bus oriented applications.
A latch enable (LE) input and an output enable (OE) input are common to all latches.
The “573” consists of eight D-type transparent latches with 3-state true outputs. When LE is HIGH, data at the Dn inputs enter the latches. In this condition the latches are transparent, i.e. a latch output will change state each time its corresponding D-input changes.
When LE is LOW the latches store the information that was present at the D-inputs a set-up time preceding the HIGH-to-LOW transition of LE.
When OE is LOW, the contents of the 8 latches are available at the outputs.
When OE is HIGH, the outputs go to the high impedance OFF-state.
Operation of the OE input does not affect the state of the latches.
*Image shown is a representation only.