1btn (one button) uses the internet to complete a task with the simple, satisfying click of a single button. It connects to the internet over Wi-Fi to trigger whatever action you have assigned to it using a simple, online interface. One click, one task. It’s that simple.Unlike many other “Internet of Things” devices, 1btn does not maintain a continuous connection to the internet. Instead, it sleeps until pressed, then it connects to the internet, performs the assigned task, tells you the outcome via its multi-colored LED, and then returns to rest.
What kinds of tasks can you assign to 1btn?
- Send an email
- Send a text message (SMS)
- Tweet for you
- Invoke a URL action (custom script, API or IFTTT – maker channel)
We believe that the last one - invoking a URL action (a.k.a., a web-hook) - is particularly powerful since it lets you interact with and control any internet-enabled application. Imagine being able to click the 1btn on your way out the door to turn on the heat using the smart thermostat in your workshop. To date, we have successfully built and validated 1btn prototypes, and we’re nearly ready to start production on a larger scale. And this is where your pledges, feedback and support are going to be extremely important for us. They will help us bring this awesome product to a wider audience.
|1btn Detail|| |
|A. Top cover||E. Bottom casing with battery|
|B. Battery charger||F. Expansion ports|
|C. USB port||G. The button|
|D. Multicolor LED indicator||H. Wi-Fi modul|
| || |
|Size||About 60mm diameter|
|Casing||Hexagonal 3D printed using PLA material|
|Battery||Built-in, rechargeable: 3.7V 500mAH|
|Wi-Fi module||Built-in, ESP8266 - ESP-12F|
|Weight||Approx. 50 grams|
|Color||White case bottom with a blue top cover (pink top cover also available in a limited quantity)|
What can you do with 1btn?
The uses for 1btn are limited only by your imagination…
Pair it with home automation and smart appliances to:
- Turn on lights or heat before you get home
- Start your coffeemaker from your bedside
- Open or close your garage door
- Lock or unlock doors
Use it to communicate with internet applications to:
- Order pizza, groceries, or anything else
- Call a cab
- Input to a database
- Log start/stop times for billing or work
- Record workout laps or reps
Use it with communication applications to:
- Send an SMS to or from someone
- Function as a call button for a nurse, server, or help desk
- Send a reminder or confirmation, like when your kids get home from school
More advanced users can use 1btn to:
- Connect to IFTTT using maker channel and access hundreds of “recipes” for communicating with applications and other IoT devices.
- Integrate it with ERP/CRM applications to launch enterprise-specific workflows.
- Set up a webhook and have it perform anything available in an API. 1btn Web-hooks are HTTP calls that are sent from the 1btn server to yours upon actuation..
By default, 1btn comes preconfigured for some basic third-party services like email, Twilio SMS and Twitter. Adding more services is easy. The bottom line is, we can’t possibly imagine all the things you’ll be able to do with 1btn and your creativity!