The Allegro™ ACS71240 current sensor IC is an economical and precise solution for AC or DC current sensing in industrial, automotive, commercial, and communications applications.
The device consists of a precise, low-offset linear Hall sensor circuit with a copper conduction path located near the surface of the die. Applied current flowing through this copper path generates a magnetic field which is sensed by the integrated Hall IC and converted into a proportional voltage. The resistance of the integrated conductor is far less than typical sense resistors, which reduces power loss and improves efficiency.
- AEC-Q100 automotive qualified
- Differential Hall sensing rejects common-mode fields
- Integrated shield virtually eliminates capacitive coupling from current conductor to die, greatly suppressing output noise due to high dv/dt transients
- Industry-leading noise performance with greatly improved bandwidth through proprietary amplifier and
filter design techniques
- High bandwidth 120 kHz analog output for faster response times in control applications
- Patented integrated digital temperature compensation circuitry allows for near closed-loop accuracy over
temperature in an open loop sensor
- Single supply operation with nonratiometric output at 3.3 and 5 V options