Atmel-ICE is a powerful development tool for debugging and programming Atmel ARM® Cortex®-M based Atmel SAM and AVR® microcontrollers with on-chip debug capability.
- Supports JTAG, SWD, PDI, TPI, aWire, SPI and debugWIRE interfaces
- Full source-level debugging in Atmel Studio
- Supports all built-in hardware breakpoints in the target microcontroller (number depends on the OCD module in the target)
- Up to 128 software breakpoints
- 1.62 to 5.5V target operation
- USB powered
- Provides both ARM Cortex Debug Connector (10-pin) pin-out and AVR JTAG connector pin-out
- Perfectly supports Atmel Studio 6.2 or higher version
- Directly supports ICC8AVR or higher version
- Supports programming HEX files generated by ICCAVR, CVAVR, IAR, etc.
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all Atmel AVR 32-bit MCUs on both JTAG and aWire interfaces
- Programming and on-chip debugging of all Atmel AVR XMEGA® family devices on both JTAG and PDI 2-wire interfaces
- JTAG and SPI programming and debugging of all Atmel AVR 8-bit MCUs with OCD support on either JTAG or debugWIRE interfaces
- Programming and debugging of all Atmel SAM ARM Cortex-M based MCUs on both SWD and JTAG interfaces
- Programming of all Atmel tinyAVR® 8-bit MCUs with support for the TPI interface
For more details, please visit UC3, Mega, SAM , Tiny, Xmega
|Interface voltage||1.62V ~ 5.5V|
|JTAG clock||32kHz ~ 7.5MHz|
|PDI clock||32kHz ~ 7.5MHz|
|debugWIRE baudrate||4kbit/s ~ 0.5Mbit/s|
|aWire baudrate||7.5kbit/s ~ 7Mbit/s|
|SPI clock||8kHz ~ 5MHz|
|SWD clock||32kHz ~ 2MHz|
|PC interface||USB 2.0 high speed|
Atmel-ICE Connection Options
While connecting the adapter board to a target, please pay attention to the Pin 1 (indicated by white spot or square solder pad).
The adapter board included in Atmel-ICE-B2 is compatible with the official one in the Atmel-ICE Full Kit.
① 10-pin AVR JTAG header
② 6-pin AVR ISP/debugWIRE/PDI/aWire/TPI header
10-pin AVR ISP header is also available through our extra free 6-pin to 10-pin ISP cable
③ 10-pin SAM JTAG/SWD header