Altera® Cyclone® IV GX FPGA Development Kit provides a comprehensive, best-in-class design environment to quickly begin developing low-cost and low-power FPGA system-level designs. This kit helps to shorten your product’s development cycle so that you can meet your product’s time to market and production milestones. With this platform, you can:
- Develop and test PCI Express® Gen1 x1, x2, x4 endpoint designs using the Cyclone IV GX PCI Express hard intellectual property (IP) and PCI-SIG® -compliant board
- Develop and test multi-lane protocol bridging designs using on-board DDR2 memory and through its expansion capability, the high-speed mezzanine card (HSMC) connectors. There are over 30 different HSMCs available through Altera partners and supporting protocols such as CPRI, SATA, and SDI.
- Come up to speed quickly with your FPGA design by reusing the example designs provided by the kit's Board Test System.
- Use the kit´s host board as design model for your product’s low-cost and low-power board.
- Cyclone IV GX EP4CGX150N FPGA in a F896 package
Configuration status and set-up elements
- Passive serial (PS) configuration via a MAX® II EPM2210 CPLD and flash memory
- On-board USB-BlasterTM download cable using Quartus® II Programmer
- On-board clock oscillators: 50 MHz, 100 MHz (programmable), and 125 MHz
- SMA connectors for external clock input
- SMA connectors for clock output
General user input and output
- 128-megabytes (MB) DDR2 SDRAMs with a 32-bit data bus
- 64-MB sync flash and 4-MB SSRAM
Component and interfaces
- PCI Express edge connector
- 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernet PHY with RJ-45 connector
- Two HSMC connectors
- Power measurement circuitry
- Laptop DC input
- PCI Express edge connector power
- PCI Express short card form factor
Altera Cyclone IV GX FPGA Development Board Block Diagram