The 3G shield for Arduino enables the connectivity to high speed WCDMA cellular networks in order to make possible the creation of the next level of worldwide interactivity projects inside the new "Internet of Things" era.
You will need to update your firmware to play mp3. The update is available here. Uncompress and run it in a PC with Windows (emulated Windows not supported).
WCDMA 3G networks compatibility
- Audio Kit including microphone, speaker, hands free and headphones available
- SD file system up to 32GB
- Works as a standard 3G modem in Linux/Windows/MacOS (~384kbps download, ~384kbps upload)
- Talk directly to web servers by HTTP/HTTPS (secure)
- Upload and download files directly by FTP/FTPS (secure)
- Send and receive mails by POP3/SMTP
- Play compressed audio files